Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Why I love Mad Money

Think of your typical business show. Pretty boring, right? Not so Jim Cramer's Mad Money. Mad Money is financial news and analysis on speed (or at least very heavy doses of caffeine). Jim breaks furniture, sweats profusely, and baffles his viewers with his encyclopedic knowledge of listed equities.

Most of the business professionals I know thumb their noses at Jim Cramer. They see him as a sort of financial cartoon-buffoon. And to be fair, he is a caricature of himself. However, I find enormous value in his show. I'm talking about a value beyond his financial acumen or stock picking ability - I won't comment on those. Jim Cramer is creating enormous excitement for capitalism! People who would otherwise never read the Wall Street Journal are now following with interest the fortunes of Conoco Phillips and Sirius Satellite Radio. Capitalism is not merely the only moral social system - it is also magnificent! And Jim Cramer is getting the word out! For that, I salute him.

No comments: